Monday, March 03, 2008

How Does Little Debbie Keep Her Figure?

Yes, I'm talking about Little Debbie Cakes!!!

I stopped to pick up some milk the other night at the Cumberland Farms (Cumby's); or as I call it - the Cucumberland Farms. I was also having a little bit of a sweet attack.

Now I learned something a long time ago; don't fight these attacks. In the long run trying to fight off these attacks ends up being worse; I end up eating 18 other "better" items which don't satisfy me and..... well....... you know how that story ends. You do, right?

So I’m walking around the brightly lit convenience store and there it was….. the Little Debbie Cakes display. I start picking up packages; looking at fat grams and calories I am wondering how the heck Little Debbie has kept that girlish figure all these years. Little Debbie should look like a hot air balloon given the information listed on these packages! Discouraged I turn away; even I have my limits when I am dealing with the sweet attack.

But then my eyes gravitated towards a colorful box, a box that had all the colors of my hat! They were Little Debbie Easter Marshmallow Krispy Treats. 100 Calories; decent size; and only a$1.39 for a package of eight! JACKPOT!!!! I bought them.

I was like a kid in a candy store when I got home. I ripped open the package. It was a food-dye extravaganza. The Krispies had all the colors of my hat too. They were chewy, tasty, and probably had about as little nutrition as some of those high priced snack bars I have bought. But just one satisfied that attack; and me and the dogs headed off to sleep.

After giving this some thought I realized that these must be what Little Debbie is eating in order to stay little. That is of course after eating a well balanced diet of fruits, veggies, whole grains, good protein, and some healthy oil - which no matter how good we know is for us, and we do every day, does get old after a while.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Krispies sound really gross! What was in the cookie aisle [my sweet weapon of choice]? To each his own...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home