Yes, it is starting to happen…………………
There are empty spots in the parking lot at the gym!
Diet center attendance is starting to dip!
More Donuts are being sold.
Produce is turning brown
People are losing their motivation.
What about you? Are you on track? Are you still excited about your weight loss? Or have you been hovering in the same place for a while?
This is right about the time when so many lose their momentum; probably because of the extreme approach they took when this journey started in January. So what's a kid to do?
- Buy a new gym outfit!
- Try a new recipe!
- Eat dinner for breakfast; breakfast for dinner
- Buy some new exotic produce
- Give yourself permission to take a day or week off from your "diet"; now this is not permission to be a pig!
- Take a different class
- Walk a different route
- Buy yourself a gift
- Bring an old favorite food back into your life - in a controlled amount
- Tell a friend he or she is fat and needs to join you on the journey
- Hire a coach
- Get an Accountabilibuddy
- Stop obsessing
- Consider losing 1/2 lb. per week week instead of 5; in the long run you'll get ahead.
- Go back and read through the archives of this blog for some ideas you may have brushed off.
If you make this process fun you won't lose your momentum.
But then again, what do I know, it's only been 19 years without that extra 30+ pounds.