Monday, February 18, 2008

If you must snack think about this approach

Yes, I know.............you're all looking for snacks; you're all looking for quick, easy, convenient things. The problem with quick, easy and convenient is that they usually mean processed crap; with little nutrition.

Well I found a good one. The first ingredient is apples. The second ingredient is pomegranate flavor. The next ingredient is fruit juice, and then vitamin C. That is it! No maltitol. No fructose or any other “ose” disguised as sugar. No sugar. No chemicals.

And as for taste…………….Quite good. I’m actually picking some up for those lucky people joining me on the snowshoe retreat this week!

So they’re not chocolate. They’re a heck of a lot healthier; and as for satiety, the flavor is phenomenal; and research is showing that enhanced flavors, such as pomegranate, increase satiety, increase satisfication and decrease your size.

But who cares about the scientific crap; they taste good and are good for me. Isn’t that what really matters? Eating that which is good for you, not that which tastes gross (celery) is a surefire way to get fat again.

Oh, they’re Archer Farms Pomegranate Fruit Bars (not the roll-ups). I have no affiliation with the company; I found them at Target.

3 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Crabby McSlacker said...

Hmmm, sound like these might be worth a try! Thanks for the tip.

And yeah, only chocolate is chocolate, but it doesn't work to eat it all day long, so healthy snack ideas are always appreciated.

(And I'm with you on celery. Yuck.)

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Rich DiGirolamo, RECESSitator said...

Hey Crabby!

I have a vacation house in Eastham! Maybe next I'm up there we should meet.

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably shouldn't read my blog tomorrow then.....It's amazing I'm not on your October list given my diet alone!

Thank God other people are taking your good advice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home