Thursday, August 23, 2007

Step out and look in!

Every so often I think it is important that we step out of our own weight loss and look back into it. Sometimes we're able to do it; other times we need some help.

Well yesterday I had lunch with a friend who has been struggling with being overweight for a veeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyy loooooooonnnnnnngggggg time. She just wanted to talk to me about some of her thoughts. Well within fifteen minutes I heard the following:

  • She realized surgery was not an option; she still needed to learn how to eat and control the emotions
  • She now eats breakfast; and not toaster pastry
  • She goes to the gym two or times per week (this happened after she found out that the $39.95 charge to her credit card every month for the past two years was not the insurance policy - although theoretically going to the gym could be an insurance policy)
  • She recognizes her difficult times - the evening
  • She eats a healthy lunch and healthy dinner
  • She still snacks at night; she has just changed what the snacks look like
  • She has removed most of the crap from her house
  • She knows changing her daily schedule (which she has the luxury of doing) will support her weight loss

When I pointed these out to her she seemed a bit uneasy at first, but then hopeful and optimistic.

She missed all these successes. And why? Because sometimes we're too busy feeling sorry for ourselves. Sometimes we’re so wrapped up in the daunting task of losing major amounts of weight. Or maybe we’re looking for the quick-fix? The shortcut?

So if this is you, step out of your weight loss and look back into it; even if it requires talking to a friend or hiring someone to do it with you.


Look at what fifteen minutes could do for you.

Now imagine if you had a weekend to look back in…………………………

--------------------------
Have you taken the survey. If not, CLICK HERE If you have taken the survey then ,get ready to ride by clicking here.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that's my story you just described. When I look at it from your perspective, I have a lot to be proud of. That's not to say I still don't have a long road ahead of me, but it's nice to remind myself how far I've come. Thanks - I needed that!

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in the same boat. It may not sink as I have been getting lighter. However, there are days that are a struggle. And I am not sure why. There is nothing here to tempt me, I am not sad either. I just feel so darn hungry. And it doesn't matter how much I eat (good stuff) I still feel hungry. I am losing it (my mind) hopefully not the battle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home