Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I've got veggies to feed a small country

I've been the victim of kindness. People are giving/delivering me fresh veggies and herbs from their garden. I can't keep up with eating them. It looks like they are going to go bad and I'll be forced to throw them away. How sad!

Or I could coat them with a bit of olive oil and roast them. Then I could stick them in a container, toss them in the fridge, and pick at them during the next week/month/year. (yes, there are that many)

I think I'll do that. After all if it was a good loaf of bread or a container of rice pudding I wouldn't toss that. I wouldn't let those items go bad. I would find some way to consume them. Unfortunately probably not by roasting.

I can't remember the last time I saw a "good" loaf of bread go bad. Now a beautiful tomato; that's another story. But today that changes. Today's lunch.................................

A cucumber, tomato and mayo sandwich on some nice bread. Sound good?

Another tomato saved.

4 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All Natural "Flourless", "Low Glycemic" Organic Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread tastes great when it's toasted.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Rich DiGirolamo, RECESSitator said...

What's the matter with a good old hunk of nice Panera bread?

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hhmmm.. all the possibilities.... home made salsa on chicken or fish, omelette with fresh tomatoes, in the broiler: fresh tomato & mozz on (Panera) bread with balsamic vinegar, pasta salad (with all those fresh veggies) tossed with a light salad dressing... I wish I had your problem!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Here's a tip for storing fruits and veggies - Debbie Meyer GreenBags. They keep items fresh lots longer than other storage bags.
I heard about them at my last WW meeting.
I bought them at Bed Bath Beyond.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home