Thursday, August 02, 2007

So you only ate a couple...........

There was a bag of shelled peanuts on top of the cabinet. The peanuts are for my birds. One of the birds loves to make a mess with the peanuts; tossing shells here and there.

When I walked through the kitchen I found that I was grabbing a couple of peanuts. I typically only did this once per day, but I did it. Then one day the peanuts were gone; the birds and Rich ate them all. Now during the time period between when the bag was gone and I replaced the peanuts I ate none. When the peanuts came back I put them on top of the cabinet and guess what?

Yes, I know it was only two peanuts. Yes, I know they have only a few calories, hardly any points, some protein, some fat. Yes, I know it does not seem so terrible. But what really is the bigger picture here that you can apply to yourself; that you can learn?

Look to the right and click comments to add your answer. I'd love to know that you "get it"!

4 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get it!! Thank you

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The big picture - you mean the fact that your environment can sabotage you by having food around that you eat because it's there, not because you want/need it? Plus, you eat it without even realizing you're eating it because it's become a habit.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger sew said...

I get it. At our house, it was cashews. Strangely enough, chocolate does not have this effect. It can sit in the cupboard for months. But the cashews will vanish, one small handful at a time. So are your resisting now or are you feeding the birds something else?

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Rich DiGirolamo, RECESSitator said...

The birds are still getting peanuts. They are just not visible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home