Friday, August 17, 2007

Is it a Cheat or a Choice?

I just finished looking up the word "cheat" at dictionary.com

Below are the first three definitions I ran into.
  1. to defraud; swindle
  2. to deceive; influence by fraud
  3. to elude; deprive of something expected

So I'm trying to figure out where eating sweets or taking an extra serving of pasta fits into the definition?

I can't believe, after a gazillion years of dieting, with all the options out there for dieting; I just can't believe that people are still allowing/using the word cheat.

So when I eat a cookie and someone suggests I cheated, first I remind them of how long I've had my weight off (almost 19 years). Then I share with them the word choice.

Because cheating is immoral and deceptive. Making a choice to indulge is an option; it is a right I have; and not one that you should be commenting on (especially as I look at your butt reaching across state lines).

So go ahead, continue to accuse yourself of cheating if you must. Feeling ashamed and angry with myself is such a better way to live.

I'd rather know that I made a choice - and one that I can feel good about.

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This post really struck home. Now I have a comeback for the food police. Thanks.

Roberta Frank
Norwalk, CT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home