Thursday, August 16, 2007

In the time it takes to eat a cupcake..............

What else could you do?

  • I could hug my dogs.
  • I could dial a friend.
  • I could watch a funny video on YouTube (while politically very incorrect - this is one of my favorites)
  • I could open a file of cards people have sent me over the years thanking them for support
  • I could dance to one of my favorite songs along with my birds

These are just a few things. I couldn't mention some of the others.

But if you think about it, the snack industry has trained us to turn to them when we are happy, sad, mad, angry, or glad. They have done this through a simple process of making it quick and easy. Heck, the food industry has done this, not just the snack industry. Quick and easy has led to large butts, boobs, and bellies.

So next time you're happy, sad, mad, angry, or glad, try find some quick fun that doesn't involve food. And do it again the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time and the next time.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

......and the next time! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home