Thursday, March 13, 2008

Free Hot Dogs at the Atlantic City Convention Center

I was strolling through the Exhibit Hall at the American Camp Association conference this afternoon looking for material to use for a Leadership program I am presenting Saturday morning. The room was buzzing with all kinds of fun, camp related games, equipment, services and of course food. Yep, vendors were giving free samples of food in hopes that camp owners and directors will write them a big check to supply their camp with its summer nourishment for kids; perhaps yours!

Free Sabrett Hot Dogs were being offered by one vendor. Free................ if you wanted to wait at least 10 minutes.

I couldn't believe the line. It was stretching quite a distance. For a hot dog? It was going to be at least 15 – 20 minutes for some of these people. For a hot dog? Boiled in water!

Oh wait, I forgot………..it was free.

A little while later I rounded a corner and came across the folks from Marcus Dairy. They were giving away free yogurt. There was no line. There was no one at their booth. I stopped to say hi since they were a company from my home state of CT. They begged me to take a yogurt.

I took one. It was lunch time.

3 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a very sad story indeed. Funny how hot dogs have little redeeming nutritional value but they taste so darn good people WILL wait in line for them. Perhaps a comfort food since parents serve them often to kids as a very easy meal? Gets them loving the taste of salt and sat fat from the get go. Don't get me started on tofu hotdogs...

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or Veggie Dogs! yuk!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger sew said...

I'm really surprised. I thought the free part would be the important part rather than the actual food. Hey, veggie dogs aren't that bad if you put plenty of (nearly calorie-free but very tasty) ketchup, mustard and relish on them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home