Sunday, April 29, 2007

Carrots The Way I Like Them

I swore off carrots a while back. You see when I lost my weight in 1989 I lived on the little orange suckers. I ate them raw. I ate them with salsa. I threw them in a salad. I munched on them at 10:30 AM and at 3:30 PM when work was sucking so much that I needed to deal with the unhappiness. I boiled them, put parsley on them and cooked them in some orange juice. I was a carrot maniac; never really liked them, but thought I should eat them. After all, I was dieting.

I ultimately got sick of carrots. I was going to contact my Congressman about having them outlawed.

But then someone, recently, told me to cook them in a little bit of sugar. Wow. I had never heard that idea. So I ran to the store and bought a bag of carrots.

Hooray!! I can eat carrots again. You ought to try it. The little bit of sweetness might keep the cookie cravings away.

Oh, and the puppies like them too!

1 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger sew said...

So just boil 'em with sugar in the water or what? We need details!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home