Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You Don't Like It..................Go Eat Cereal

Yep, that's what my mother told us when we were kids and we "hated" what she cooked for dinner.

We also heard phrases like "do you think this is a restaurant" and "I'm not a short order cook."

You ate what was put on the table. There was not a different meal made for each of my siblings, my mother, and my father. If you didn't like what was prepared you learned to like it, didn't eat that night or you ate cereal. It was that simple. It didn't mean you were a bad parent when you took this approach either. It didn't mean that you did not love your family.

And people wonder why they have no time to take care of themselves. People wonder why their dieting efforts get railroaded. People wonder why they get tempted.

I think this is a no-brainer.

And if you don't agree with me, go eat cereal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home