Monday, April 30, 2007

Another Vacation Ruined By His Weight

A colleague of mine just returned from a cruise around Hawaii - the same trip I am taking in just a week.

He was a little bummed. His weight kept him out of a helicopter. His weight kept him off a bicycle trip from the top of a volcano. These were the two things he wanted to do most.

Did I tell you he was a little bummed? Okay, he was a lot bummed.

But let's look at this............ it is not like he didn’t know he was going on this trip. It is not like he didn’t know there were weight restrictions. He probably had a good year to get within the acceptable weight range. But you know how it goes………………I’ve got plenty of time.

Do you?

What are you missing out on because of this thing we call your weight?

Or better yet, what have you been able to do because you removed that excess baggage?

3 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At 50 pounds lighter and still counting, I was able to spend a few hours shagging fly balls with my nieces and nephews yesterday during our extended "batting practice". The old me would have been sitting on the sidelines playing cheerleader.

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dropping 80 pounds just over five years ago was one of the best things I've ever done. I'm getting ready to run my 5th marathon. Not bad for a guy 56 years old. Never ran a day in my life before, except to the fridge that is.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Rich DiGirolamo, RECESSitator said...

Way to go to both of you!!!! Keep playing and keep running!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home