Monday, July 28, 2008

The Wedding

My neighbor's daughter got married yesterday. It was quite an event and a heck of a lot of fun. I spent as much of the night as possible on the dance floor. So this morning, I thought I would amuse you with some of the observations/comments/thoughts that I walked away with:

Comment: I'm so uncomfortable, I'm stuffed
My Response to him: Well you inhaled plates of appetizers
His Response: Well you have to try the appetizers here. They're known for it.
My Thought: Then you deserve to be stuffed and uncomfortable

Comment: You're dripping wet. You must have lost 5 lbs. dancing tonight.
My response: Just a chuckle. My thought: While I knew she was joking it got me thinking about how clueless people can be and how they really do think that weight will just peel off by doing a minimal amount of movement; or those silly strolls that they call walking.

Comment: If I don't stay out here dancing, I will just eat.
My Response: I hear ya on that one. (as I continued to drip some more)

Comment: I can't believe they ate all their food. These portions are GIGANTIC.
My response: Maybe they didn't eat all those appetizers?

But my favorite comment of the evening: You really shouldn't be eating carbs this late in the day (as he inhaled his second piece of wedding cake)
My response: I asked his mother to dance.

My message to you today once again is to listen and watch the actions of those around you. It's a great way to pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Now go drink a glass of water.


-------------------

Have you got your copy of The Only Self-Help Book You'll Ever Need?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home