My trip to the bookstore
I made a stop at the bookstore yesterday and just happened to wander over to the diet and weight loss section. Here is what I found:
- There were books promising long term weight loss, easy weight loss, and simple weight loss.
- You could learn how to eat by blood type, by food type and by personality type.
- You can eat drink and be merry or stop whining and lose weight.
- There are cookbooks; cookbook-lets and books for people who have no clue how to cook.
- You can lose weight in 7 days, 30 days or 90 days. (Who has 90 days?)
- You can read about how your mother got you fat, society got you fat or your job got you fat?
- You can lose weight the way Wall Street does, the way the gorgeous people on South Beach do or the way the lady down the street does
- You can be thin, pretty, and happy in 7 steps or push yourself to take a few steps every day
So with all this information, why in the world is this planet so damn fat?
Did you ever stop and think about all the resources available to you? And did you ever stop and think about how pieces of one weight loss approach can probably fit into your current weight loss approach i.e. using WW recipes on your South Beach plan or vice versa.
When was the last time you looked at an alternate resource, a different resource, to complement your existing approach to weight loss? You can; and perhaps should. Start thinking about it.
But my favorite part of the day was when I walked over to the cafe area and saw a woman shoveling a big ole pastry in her face while perusing over a book showing you how to lose weight like the Hollywood stars. Perhaps she was heading to the bathroom when she finished!
Two weeks until Recess At Work Day. Do you have your Official Hat?