Monday, May 19, 2008

And none of that soy or veggie crap

Yesterday I spent the day repairing my dock with some neighbors. (Okay, they were repairing; I was for the most part watching - as I am nursing an injury)

Well it was lunch time; and time to feed them.

"Fire up the BBQ" one of them said.

I asked what they wanted.

The response.........."Burgers. Dogs. And none of that soy or veggie crap you eat."

I chuckled. Guess I have a reputation.

But when people make comments like that, it does get me thinking......................

I'm glad I've been willing to try new and healthier foods. I'm glad that I've broadened my horizons when it comes to eating; and still left with a feeling of being satisfied. I'm glad that I've learned that it is all about choices; making better ones most of the time and not so good ones some of the time - and being able to enjoy that high fat flame shooting six-feet up in the air cheeseburger without guilt.

How about you? Do your better eating and health habits have people talking about you? Do they have you feeling better about yourself?

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your injury....is it your feelings that got hurt?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Rich DiGirolamo, RECESSitator said...

hahahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home