Friday, May 23, 2008

And the fight begins................

I'm a co-organizer of a little Picnic/BBQ this weekend. Yep, me and another control freak. (Hey, at least I admit my faults - what are yours?)

So here is what is happening............
  • I don't do burgers and dogs at a picnic/BBQ; he does.

  • I don't do salads swimming in mayo and oil; he does.

  • I suggest we doing something different; something that people won't be getting all summer. He likes to take the easy way out.

  • He is concerned that certain people coming won't be willing to eat some of my ideas. My response is that there is a Burger King and a Dairy Queen less than two miles away. I also assure him that from experience, they will.

  • He likes to tell me all the things that need to get done for the party; I just go about doing things and getting them done.

When I have the opportunity to offer people a different experience, I do. In this particular case that different experience might also keep my waistline in check; it also gives me an opportunity to hone my cooking abilities a bit more; which I know has helped me with my twenty year battle of the waistline.


So it looks like this control freak won the battle of the food. But it will be interesting to see what is "smuggled" into the picnic. But that's okay, because when there is enough food around to keep you in check, you usually stay in check. And I'll bet that the "different" stuff goes first anyway, it always does.

How about you? Are you willing to offer a different picnic experience this year?

Pork Loin in Raspberry Syrup Marinade anyone?



P.S. Happy Birthday to my babies! They're two today!



3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I promise to bring something different can I join you? The pork loin sounds delish!

PS - Happy Birthday pups!

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will admit, the homemade veggie burgers were outstanding, but was the dog-eaten cake part of your ploy to get me to pass on the fattening dessert? Unfortunately it didn't work.

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

feliz cumpleaƱos chicos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home