Saturday, April 05, 2008

WAAAAAAH!

Or should I say WA?

Or should I say WAWA?


The WAWA is one of my favorite convenience stores. They are the Mid-Atlantic's answer to 7-11 or Mobil On-The-Run..............But so much better.


So yesterday was one of those days of fitting in food between driving to a destination, presenting an employee morale program, and having to get to another destination for today. I am sure you have all had similar days.

I came to a traffic light. McDonald's on one corner; Wendy's behind McDonald's. So what's it gonna be I thought? Hamburger? Baked Potato and chili? I looked to my right. And there it was, just across the street, set back a bit from the road, a WAWA. JACKPOT!

Now my first evil thought (yes, I still have them) was that WAWA carries one of my favorite foods....................






Yes, even as I celebrate (this month) 19 years of losing 30+ pounds, the little fat boy inside tries to sneak out every so often.

Well when I walked into the WAWA I was blown away immediately. It was if someone was watching over me. I have never seen a selection of fresh fruit, salads that were not brown, and an attractive yogurt display like this. The deli inside was offering gourmet healthy sandwiches. There were containers of sliced apples and cheese; more apples than cheese.

So I grabbed a yogurt, a 32 oz diet fountain soda and a quart of cut-up melon and pineapple. Out the door I went. No Krimpets.

No problem, I always travel with Peeps.

Today's point (for the slower ones): There is always a better choice; sometimes we are presented with it; sometimes we have to search it out.

____________________________

It's 2 months until the next Retreat From Your Weight Loss. Is it time for you to put the fun before the food? Click the link above to learn more and see what others have said about the last retreat.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh...Butterscotch Krimpets. The best! In the old days, I made many a meal of a Wawa hoagie, a bag of chips, a soda, and Butterscotch Krimpets. No wonder I ended up at Weight Watchers. Glad to hear that Wawa now has a more healthy focus....

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got home from a weekend away in a state that appeared to have a WAWA on every other corner (we don't have them in my home state). I stayed away from the WAWA's; figured they wouldn't have anything healthy. I sure wish I'd seen your posting Sat morning instead of Sun night. Instead I visited Rita's frozen custard and didn't even come close to making a better choice. Oh well, I'll consider this a lesson learned and hit WAWA next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home