Friday, February 01, 2008

A night with the 20-Something's & Roseanne

So I found myself in the "hood" in Hartford last night. I went to meet a group of 20-Something's to have some fun. I found these people through an online social networking site.

The first email I received from the organizer was this:

"RICH, IF YOU HAVE A POTTY MOUTH THEN YEAH WE ARE GOING TO GET ALONG VERY WELL"

Well that was at least an original welcome message, I guess? So with my potty mouth in hand.........................I went salsa dancing! I had a free one hour lesson by an irreverent, oh-so-very-hot looking Latin woman with an attitude (a good one) and a perfect ass. Hey, I'm not a pig; she told us to watch it; so I did.

After the lesson I danced like a fool for another hour; counting my steps 1-2-3, 5-6-7; 1-2-3, 5-6-7 (there really is no 4); while the "Pros" did nothing that looked like what I had just learned. It was fun.

But here is the part of the evening that applies to you...........I met Roseanne; a 50-something year old woman who also came to hang with the 20-somethings. Roseanne came alone; she showed up at a bar knowing no one nor what to expect. We engaged in conversation. Her hairdresser told her about the free lesson. None of her friends wanted to go out for an evening and try something new; so she said screw them and off she went to have a good time. I applauded her; commenting that not many woman would go out late at night, alone, to a strange neighborhood. Her response was that there was safety in numbers and if she felt uncomfortable at any point she would ask one of the bar staff to walk her to her car.

I remember a time in my life when I wasn't doing much unless it involved food. I remember a time in my life when I wasn't living life; but living it through other people. Looking back I remember that lack of experiences and good times led to lack of self-esteem, lack of confidence, larger clothing sizes and three chins. How about you? Are you with me? Do you know what I am talking about?

What's your next experience going to be?

So when I arrived home I got undressed and stood naked in front of the mirror. I think my hips and butt looked smaller.

_____________________________
Are you ready to Dine Off The Pounds again? Click here for details and to register

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cha cha cha! I was thinking about trying a salsa class in my area, ya know, thinking about it...and thinking about it., then forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home