Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Old Friends, New Friends, Fat Friends, Skinny Friends

So what happens when you put almost 40 people in a room for dinner and celebrating?
  • You make some new friends.
  • You make some new contacts
  • You find out you have more in common with people than you think
  • You eat what Rich decides you will eat in order to lose that butt, boob and belly.
  • You laugh about a common interest
  • You get a new idea from someone you met only an hour ago
  • You not only get reminded that putting yourself first matters; but you celebrate the fact that you did
  • Rich gets all choked up by the level of friendship and support you brought with you.
  • You find out that some people are still excited about their success
  • You find out that some people open up and share a bit more when they have the opportunity and time to make personal connections (or a drink????)
  • You find out that some people don't think 45 minutes is too far to drive for a new experience

And that's what happened last night in Middlebury CT where we Dined Off The Pounds And that's what's going to happen again on February 26, 2008 (yes, I booked the restaurant again last night; details coming soon); and my gut feeling is people are going to bring more people; so look for the announcement; space in the dining room is limited.

You see folks, I believe that our social life does impact our weight; unfortunately most weight conscious people think the social life throws a wrench into the process. Last night I think we saw how dieting, socializing and celebrating goes hand in hand if your mindset is on other things. Yes, some might say I forced the networking; but it was embraced by every single person in attendance. Take that to your next Super Bowl party!

So for all of you who joined us last night, I drove home very excited. I had a big smile on my face and a huge lump in my..........................

THROAT!

Your love, support and friendship was something I always knew I had, but last night was so overwhelming I needed to breathe deeply a few times as I stood in front of you once again. It was great to be back with you!

I can't wait until February 26th! Oh and you should see the fun and games I've already got in store for you that night............................... (be somewhat afraid)

Now go get Skinny or Skinnier

4 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich,

Thank you for last night. I had a great time. The only loser is WW they don't get the prize, we do for knowing you.

See you in February.

Hugs,

Pat Bosco

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Tammy B said...

Really great time. Can't wait for the next one!!

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a fun night...it was great to meet everyone. I am so glad we are doing it again....see all of you on the 26th ....


Joy

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for last night. It was nice to see you again. Still wondering where the whipped cream was for the dessert! At least there wasn't any tofu. See you next month.

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home