Wednesday, January 23, 2008

There will be a $5 charge for sharing

"There will be a $5 charge for sharing an entree" the waitress told the people at the table next to me last night.

"You two order your entrees and I'll just order a Caesar salad for dinner" said the woman to her two dining companions. "Now will there be a sharing charge?" said the woman staring at the waitress.

"I guess not" said the waitress.

The three woman shared two meals and a salad. They laughed. They gabbed. They saved a few bucks and proved that the dining out experience does not have to be a challenge - when you're in the right mindset.

How are you doing when you dine out?
What are some of the best strategies that you use?

Would you be so kind as to hit the comments button below and leave a thought; or are you just here sucking information again?

I'll start you off with one..............my new strategy pertains to breakfast; I hate hard eggs. Why is it that omelets are always hard? So I choose my omelet ingredients and ask them to do it as a scramble, instead of an omelet. DELICIOUS!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I want to order grilled fish but don't want the $19.95 entree. The $9.95 grilled fish sandwich sounds like it fits the bill but I don't want a sandwich with too much bread, crappy tomatoes, globs of mayo and what have you. Now I order the fish sandwich and say "hold the bread, tomatoes and mayo please". Reminds me of a classic scene from Five Easy Pieces where Jack Nicholson attempts to adjust his diner order...

http://cruisin-mom.blogspot.com/2006/08/hold-chicken-salad.html

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love steak - so when I go out with my neice. I get a steak she gets the salad and we spit it. I ususally take a piece the size of the palm of my hand and my neice will do the same. What ever is left over we split and take home for lunch the next day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home