Saturday, January 19, 2008

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

So I'm spending a wild and crazy Friday night crashed in front of the TV, watching the food network. It was refreshing to turn it on and NOT see Rachel Ray. (I actually like the woman, but enough already.)

The show: Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

I love it!! I love the old nostalgic diners. I love the "Slice of America" people they meet. I love the spirit of everyone they meet with and visit. Oh, and let's not forget some of the food choices. Let's just say there's a reason why only the butt cracks of some of those people actually fit on those spinning red stools!

Well last night they were showing some good old comfort food; but it's always the breakfast stuff that gets me charged; after all breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I could care less about dinner.

So I'm sitting there watching the show and thinking how far Manchester New Hampshire is. Should I toss the dogs in the car and take a breakfast trip in the morning? Or should I go play in the kitchen and take one of those to-die-for meals and come up with something healthier, filling, and butt-reducing.

I think you know the answer. That's how I use the Food Network to keep my boyish figure. That's where I get my meal ideas. And then I go play. Where do you get your meal ideas? When was the last time you experimented in your kitchen?

But I will say this; I'm heading to New Hampshire for the Retreat From Your Weight Loss in a few weeks. The Red Arrow Diner just might be a great place to stop for a bite!

Well I'm off to go play in the kitchen. Happy Saturday! Hmm..........Maybe I should rent out a firehouse and have a different kind of Pancake Breakfast? Good idea?

Hey, on another note! Give a hand to a group of ladies who are laughing their butts off at 6:00 AM with me Monday through Friday. We just finished our first week of Six Minutes at 6:00 or $6.00 and the feedback I have received from them has been awesome.

3 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manchester NH is about a 3.5 hour drive. And I've also watched the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives show. Actually got a great idea from one of the places - but haven't tried it yet. Make a big pancake; break an egg into the center of it while the first side of the pancake cooks; sprinkle it with some diced ham. Flip it when ready and ...

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Rich DiGirolamo, RECESSitator said...

I saw that idea!!!! I loved it.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Diners Drive Ins and Dive! On January 28th they are featuring Jefferson Diner in NJ. This diner is great I use to go there with my family when I was a kid - you’ll get some really good ideas from that show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home