Monday, December 17, 2007

I don't have any dessert for you guys

Snow in my neighborhood tends to bring neighbors together. It starts out with conversations while we're heaving snow into piles and sometimes ends up with a meal at one of our homes.

Well last night was Joel's turn. He invited a few of us over for dinner. Since it was last minute it ended up being more of a pot luck, as dinner was already on the stove (or in my case in the slow cooker).

After dinner we were informed that he had nothing to offer us for dessert; and no one else was offering to go get something. Hey ,it was so damn cold last night that if I went home to get something I wasn't coming back out - even to go next door.

But I did ask Joel if he had a can of fruit. He said yes. He handed me a can of pineapple. I threw it in the freezer and told him next time we come over he has sorbet.

When ready to use, run the can under hot water. Open both sides with a can opener; push the frozen fruit out and pulse in a food processor.

Oh by the way, he did have whipped cream in the house.

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where do you learn this stuff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home