Monday, October 01, 2007

Here Come the Future Fat Adults!

Here's a great way to help tackle the youth obesity epidemic and get mom and dad moving a bit more as well........................

Go back to the days when there were bus stops.

I find it absolutely absurd that a school bus will stop at every other house to pick up kids. When I was a kid we walked to a bus stop; a central place in the neighborhood. The kids in my current neighborhood walk to a central stop - and there are no sidewalks here; so don't even try the "there are no sidewalks" excuse.

So at 7:30 this morning when I watched a school bus stop at every other house I was saddened (okay I was also pissed that I was being detained). All I could think was here come the future lazy fat adults.

Go take a walk today. Everyone. And force your kids to go with you. Find out what they learned at school. After all we could all use to learn something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home