Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I start the day right.....................

I've heard it. I used to say it. I still hear it from people.

"I start the day right and then it falls apart in the evening."

So I began istening to what people considered "starting the day right." In most cases I wanted to slit my wrists. Fat-free Cottage cheese and fruit is not starting the day right for me. Plain Oatmeal is not starting the day right for me. A smoothie is not starting the day right for me.

Now don't get me wrong, I eat those things. I eat them because I enjoy them. I eat them in amounts that will keep me satisfied for several hours. I eat them doctored up so they make me feel like I am not on a diet. For example I'll put some shredded coconut in that cottage cheese; some pumpkin and maple syrup in that oatmeal.

And if I am not in the mood for those things I eat pancakes or waffles; sausage and eggs.

There's a difference between starting the day right eating foods you think you should eat and starting the day eating what you enjoy.

And I often wonder if that is why it falls apart in the evening for so many? What do you think?

I think we should be on a never ending quest to REALLY enjoy our meals.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger sew said...

I started my day with HALF a bagel, topped with both (low fat) cream cheese and jam. Oh my, is that delicious. I also had a big serving of fruit. I used to eat a whole bagel this way, and no fruit. Either way gets me through to lunch. Swapping half a decadently-topped bagel for fruit probably saves me about 5-6 points.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home