Friday, April 25, 2008

Snacking should be fun, right?

I guess it should be fun.

But don't you think that snacking should also be smart?

I've always thought of snacking as a way to fill in the gaps between meals; and by that I mean to balance out my day. So yesterday afternoon I grabbed two slices of Light Rye Bread, some lettuce and tomato slices, a teaspoon of olive oil, and some salt and pepper; a great sandwich was created. This was at 3:00 PM. Got some healthy oil, got some veggies.

But then the other day I was reminded about dehydration. Why can't snacking be about hydrating myself? And I'm not talking water. Soup can be a great hydrator; as can a smoothie. So yesterday mid-morning I took a yogurt, some strawberries and a splash of OJ and tossed it in the Magic Bullet. Hydration, satisfaction and nutrition.

Last night I tossed a fudgesicle into a glass of diet chocolate soda. Hey, snacking should be fun, right!?

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You inspired me to pull out the magic bullet. Tossed in plain yogurt, fresh blackberries and fresh pineapple. Made for an awesome smoothie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home