Friday, October 12, 2007

Stop over for...................

My cell phone rang the other night as I was driving home from a client meeting. It was one of my neighbors.

Seems that she threw a last minute birthday celebration together for her husband. She asked me to stop over for a sausage and pepper grinder. (As an aside I still hate that word grinder. I grew up in NY; we called them wedges. Some call it a hero, sub or hoagie. So I digress.) They were also having pasta and cake.

I was tired. I was hungry. I didn't want to cook anything. Heck, I didn't even want to use the nuclear wave oven and wait four minutes for my leftover stew.

Decisions, Decisions.

Did you ever have one of those times when you knew that you could stay in control, but there was no way it was going to happen?

So I used the dogs as an excuse. I said I would go home and feed and walk the dogs and possibly stop over.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm................ I had an out but I also left the door open. Inner turmoil is now occurring. Should I? Shouldn't I? It's only one meal. I can stay in control. I'll do some extra exercise tomorrow? I'll just stop in to say Happy Birthday (yeah right!)

Now once again.....................

Did you ever have one of those times when you knew that you could stay in control, but there was no way it was going to happen?

Well thank heaven Luck Sing is on speed dial. I ordered egg drop soup and a small shrimp and broccoli.

I guess you really can stay in control when you want. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home