Monday, February 26, 2007

I guess it didn't matter

"I was down forty pounds and then we went on vacation to Florida to visit my husband's family. When we got back I had gained so much that I just gave up. Now I have fifty pounds to lose" she said to me.

(Have you ever heard this story? Have you lived this story?)

"Wow, you put forty pounds on in one week. That must be a record" I said to her.

"No, I put on about eight" she said.

"No, you put on fifty" was my response.

***********************************************

I guess it didn't matter that she still had maintained 80% of her weight loss.
I guess it didn't matter that she recognized she had been out of control.
I guess it didn't matter that most people on diets experience setbacks from time to time.

I guess it doesn't matter to her that she has to do it all over again; and more.

I guess it didn't matter.

Please take a moment to embrace your setback the next time it occurs. Learn from it. Grow from it. Well maybe you should shrink from it!

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. This was perfect timing. I spent the day crabby (don't know why) and ate everything I could get my hands on and then some. Haven't had an emotional eating binge like this in a long time. I was wondering how I was going to get back on track. My 35 flex points for the week (plus some) are long gone already. Then I read this. Today is over. Tomorrow is a new day with a fresh start. Perfection is over-rated. Thanks for reminding me of that. It couldn't have come at a better time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home