Monday, November 13, 2006

No, Were Not Having 6 Pies

Thanksgiving dinner is at my house this year. I have been elected - again.

Now of course, everyone has their requests and everyone wants to bring something - PIE!

There will be one pumpkin pie. Mine. The one with the oreo cookie crust and the caramelized pecan topping. There will be one berry pie; the one I was coerced into buying for that ridiculous school fundraiser. Everyone else who wants to bring their pies will have to find another opportunity to get rid of it. It is not being left at my house when the day is over.

Yes. I can send it home. Yes. I can toss it in the garbage. I also know how my mind works. I have a sweet tooth.

There will be only two pies this year. So bring the green salad like I asked. Bring the fruit salad like you have been told.

Or don't show up.

What do you need to do to ensure your Thanksgiving is a sucess?

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rich! Thanks for reminding me of your blog in your latest Hey Skinny!

Yes - Thanksgiving is upon us... and I'm having the family over for the traditional feast.

Only difference this year is that the place where I spin (Ultimate Cycle) is offering a two hour class starting at 6:00 a.m. Thanksgiving morning! Over an hour of spinning and then 45 minutes or so of arms and ab exercises. Figure I can put the bird in the oven before I leave and then be home in time to shower and finish up with all the fixings!

So, while I will not over indulge on Thanksgiving - I will be able to enjoy my favorite foods knowing that I've given the old metabolism a huge jolt first thing in the morning!

For those of you who "don't like to exercise" - just remember - there are ALL kinds of ways to burn calories. Find something you love to do and then just do it! : )

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home