Friday, September 29, 2006

You Can Be Skinny; But You'll Get Cancer

Trans Fat. Shmans Fat. It’s all over the place. It’s driving me crazy.

So on the Today Show this morning they were talking about an all out effort to remove Trans Fats from New York City restaurants; because Trans Fats can kill you. They had foods displayed like donuts and KFC and McDonald’s French fries. Hello, like I already didn’t know these things are not the greatest for me. But forced removal? Seems awfully Big Brother to me.

I guess the food industry doesn’t have the almighty dollar that the tobacco industry has. We know smoking is bad, why haven’t we removed tobacco from the planet? Sugar can kill me. Should we burn the sugar cane fields? Alcohol can kill me. Shut down all breweries! Sex can kill me. Spay and neuter everyone! When will the madness stop?

I think a good compromise is to post a “You Can Die If You Eat Here” disclaimer on every restaurant on the planet; just like we do on cigarettes.

Or we can just let the idiots that don’t “get it” keep eating that crap; while the rest of us lead longer, happier, healthier lives. What do you think?

Oh, and Janet Jackson still looks hot! She was the musical guest on Today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home