Air Travel To be Priced by Weight
So here is comes...................You knew it would only be a matter of time.....................
It started out with obese people needing to buy a second airline seat; but have you heard about these upcoming changes to air travel............
- Fares will be priced by weight; the lowest prices starting for people who weigh less than 150 lbs and increasing $50 for each 50 lb increment. The assumption is heavier people are using more fuel. Random weights will be taken at the gate; so don't lie when purchasing your ticket
- A total weight limit for you and your baggage will be imposed and strictly adhered to. Want to bring more clothing, you better get off your butt today and start jogging before that next vacation or business trip
- Extender belts will now cost $5. Feel free to bring your own.
- Obese people will be required to drink diet soda, water or black coffee
- Overweight people will not be offered the traditional snack of peanuts, pretzels, biscoff cookies or cheese and crackers. You will be required to buy carrots or celery
- Larger and wider rows, with two, not three seats, will be put towards the back of the plane. People over a certain weight will be required to purchase them. They will not be cheap.
Now you have two choices here if you travel and you're a bit heavier.
- Get angry with these changes
- Go do something about it
Is this for real? What do you think?