Friday, January 04, 2008

Ease into the diet if you have to

Are you one of the many who is excited about getting back in control of your weight now that the New Year is here? Are you one of the many who is coming down from a sugar high; an alcoholic frenzy? Did you spend the holidays partying like Ms. Spears?

As excited and thrilled as many dieters are to see the New Year come, many are going from one extreme to another?

Bran Turds for breakfast instead of pastry.
Fruit mid-morning instead of cookies.
Salad for lunch instead of cookies.
A cup of tea or coffee at 3:00 without the cookies.
A nice piece of broiled fish for dinner not followed by.................

Last night I was eating dinner with a group of people and overheard some moaning about weight – as they inhaled their chocolate soufflé. I kept my mouth closed. I am being paid to address them on Leadership this morning not on weight loss. When I leave here in a few minutes I will join them for breakfast. I’m sure there will be pastry there. I will listen for the moans. I’m also sure there will be fruit and yogurt.

For lots of folks, going from one extreme to another does not work long term. Lots of folks need to ease back into their diet. Maybe I’ll have some fruit, yogurt and a bite of pastry.

--------------------------

Don't be chicken. Register today for Rich's Free 5 Minute Weight Loss Program. It starts Monday.

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I forgot to mention that this post about just losing 5 lbs reached me! And funny I just noticed at top of blog that you left WW [unfortunate how nasty corporate culture can be...] I was coincidentally trying to decide if I wanted to go back to WW and really only for your meetings. So heck, I think I'll try the 5-5:30-$5.30 thing and keep reading your blog, and try not to whine.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more perhaps silly question...can we synchronize our clocks 9or refer to one clock) so we don't accidentally miss the call or call in too early or late?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Rich DiGirolamo, RECESSitator said...

You're an absolute hoot Claudia. Why don't you get a "fat-ass" friend to join with you and he or she can wake you up.

Love your spirit!

And if you want to spend some time with me and a great group that is being formed check out the Celebration of Success over on the right side of the blog.

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No puedo venir a la Celebration de Success - mi clase de espanol comienza el 29 de enero. Maybe next time! Hasta la vista baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home