Saturday, October 20, 2007

Getting Heavy Part II

First of all, thanks to those of you who reacted so quickly to yesterday's post and already purchased You Have to Get Heavy In Order To Get Skinny. I hope you enjoyed the walk and I'm sure great mind/life changing ideas came out of the first exercise.

And for those of you who might be on the fence, or unable to climb one, let me share with you something I learned a long time ago.................Information is retained 10% of the time when we hear it, 45% of the time when we see it and 85% of the time when we write it down. And as I get older (44), I'm thinking I need to write things down 100% of the time in order to retain anything. That is why I put together this 31 Day Heavy Thought program.

You Have to Get Heavy In Order To Get Skinny is about answering some tough questions and deriving some new ideas; it's about making some tough PERMANENT changes that we all need to make in order to experience long term weight loss success.

So for those of you on day two, enjoy your "Alone" exercise. And for the rest of you, pull out a piece of paper and write a 500 word essay to this question.................... Why have I had so many unsuccessful weight loss attempts? Yes, 500 words. Paper. Pen.

If you won't do that, can you at least write down your food choices today to show some sort of commitment to yourself?

P.S. Just got back from walking the dogs. One of my neighbors was getting out of her car with two boxes of donuts and four chocolate milks. Last week she was complaining to me how fat she was and how she needs to do something about it. I guess she is doing something about it - getting fatter!Can you spell M-O-R-O-N!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home