Friday, December 29, 2006

So how did YOU do?

So it's the end of 2006. How did you do with your weight loss/management goals?

1. Met them
2. Exceeded them
3. Didn't even come close
4. I was supposed to have weight goals?

I hate goals. I think they're STUPID - remember that concept from the Yes, You're Fat audio program.

But during 2006 I had a word; one simple word that guided my life. That word was TODAY. What can I do TODAY? What did I do TODAY? One simple word that guided my personal and professional life. TODAY. What actions TODAY would make my life better?

In 2005 my word was FUN. If any process did not have some element of fun, I would change that - including my weight.

I've got my word for 2007. But I guess I am asking you to think about how the word concept rather than the goal concept might change your thoughts about weight, weight loss and weight maintenance.

90+% of goals are not achieved. But TODAY I can do something positive for me.

What's your word for 2007? Hit the comments button and let us all know.

Happy New year!

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

POSITIVE

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No regrets

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to borrow Rich's "Today". I think it goes well with the concept of making a better choice when you're struggling over options. It also breaks a huge task down into manageable moments. Thanks Rich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home