Monday, November 20, 2006

Oh This Week Is Shot to Hell Anyway!

Yep, Thanksgiving is Thursday. Yep, this week is shot hell anyway, as I was told yesterday by someone.

Sitting and eating lunch he made that comment as he overindulged in food and drink. Yep, this week is shot to hell. I'll bet last week might have been shot to hell. I'll even bet there will be a reason as to why next week is shot to hell.

So I did some research on the meaning of the phrase shot to hell and came up with this:
  • SHOT TO HELL -- "Badly damaged or fatigued; destroyed.

So how can a week be shot to hell from one meal? One overindulgent meal?

It can't. It shouldn't and it doesn't have to be that way.

Had a bad day? A bad couple of days? Today is your opportunity to rise from hell. Go for it!

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rich!

Yes, it always cracks me up when someone sits down to ONE meal and decides that their entire "diet" is blown - so lets continue on the downward spiral of over-eating for the rest of the week/month/year/decade! : )

Another good one is - I'm going to go on a diet after the holidays! I heard that one over the weekend from my 13 year old daughter's friend (who is also 13 and - sadly - is quite a bit overweight)... she and her mom are going on diets after the holidays because they both couldn't fit into pants they were trying on NOW!

Well geez - start your "diet" and/or exercise routine now - you'll be ahead of the game!

Have a great holiday Rich! I'm starting out my Thanksgiving Day at 6:00 a.m. with a two-hour spin/weight-training class! This from a woman who formerly never had the time to exercise!

Colleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home