Friday, April 21, 2006

Is there a bomb shelter in your home?

Hey Skinny!

Many of you reading this might not even know what a bomb shelter is. But I think the term “bomb shelter” is self-explanatory.

In a bomb shelter you keep canned goods and other non-perishable items – just in case. When I lost my weight 17 years ago I developed the “Rich’s Bomb Shelter Approach to Dieting, Weight Loss and Weight Management.”

It is very simple. Always make sure your home/pantry is stocked with non-perishable foods that will support your weight loss efforts. Here is a short list of things just to get you started: canned fruit & veggies (you can stretch the concept a bit to include frozen), pasta, tuna, canned chicken, canned beans, milk that requires no refrigeration until opened, oatmeal, cold cereal, peanut butter, crackers.

Bottom line is this; you should never be able to walk into your home and say to yourself, “There is nothing to eat.” Because you and I both know what happens when there is “nothing to eat” in the house.

So why am I writing this? I am getting ready to leave on vacation for a few weeks. When I return the last thing I am going to want to do is go grocery shopping. But at least I will be able to eat healthy.

So use my list. Add your own stuff to the list. But start filling your bomb shelter today.

If you do not do this, you will get fat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home