How do you stay so slim?
It's a question I've been asked over and over. I guess it is nice to be a role model.
So here goes................................
- I walk my talk - meaning I actually do most of the things I talk and write about. I don't just offer what might be good ideas, I offer what has been experienced
- I learn to forgive myself when I get carried away with my eating
- I laugh at my eating train wrecks
- I give in to my cravings
- I'll take the time to figure out how to slim down an "it was so delicious" meal
- I say no
- I create an environment that supports my efforts - and have done so for almost twenty years
- I exercise - and not consistently
- I'll always try something twice - yes twice. A new food. A new exercise. A new idea. The second time I try it a different way
- I do not deviate from what I know works. I do not need to find out if I can make it work better. It is working fine
- I seek out and learn from other people's mistakes; honestly acknowledging which mistakes I am capable of committing and setting myself up not to
- I do my best to eliminate temptation in my world
- I read about weight loss success in books and on blogs. I listen to other speakers talk about weight loss. I may not always agree with the approach but if I take one idea from a talk, a video, an audio or a book, it was worth the investment in myself.
- I hang around with different people; people who are not enjoying life via food
- I don 't watch much TV which seemed to always involve Ritz Crackers, Jelly and Peanut Butter or an entire sleeve of graham crackers in a big wide-mouthed glass of milk
- I keep a kitchen stocked with foods which support my efforts
- I really don't care that you are getting an appetizer and dessert; nor do I want you looking to me for approval
Well that's not all of it, but probably most of it. But in the Season of Food Challenges, here is a challenge for you...................................
Pick 5 of the above and focus on them through the holiday season. And challenge yourself a bit. Pick the ones that might be a bit tougher.