Tuesday, November 27, 2007

How do you stay so slim?

It's a question I've been asked over and over. I guess it is nice to be a role model.

So here goes................................

  • I walk my talk - meaning I actually do most of the things I talk and write about. I don't just offer what might be good ideas, I offer what has been experienced
  • I learn to forgive myself when I get carried away with my eating
  • I laugh at my eating train wrecks
  • I give in to my cravings
  • I'll take the time to figure out how to slim down an "it was so delicious" meal
  • I say no
  • I create an environment that supports my efforts - and have done so for almost twenty years
  • I exercise - and not consistently
  • I'll always try something twice - yes twice. A new food. A new exercise. A new idea. The second time I try it a different way
  • I do not deviate from what I know works. I do not need to find out if I can make it work better. It is working fine
  • I seek out and learn from other people's mistakes; honestly acknowledging which mistakes I am capable of committing and setting myself up not to
  • I do my best to eliminate temptation in my world
  • I read about weight loss success in books and on blogs. I listen to other speakers talk about weight loss. I may not always agree with the approach but if I take one idea from a talk, a video, an audio or a book, it was worth the investment in myself.
  • I hang around with different people; people who are not enjoying life via food
  • I don 't watch much TV which seemed to always involve Ritz Crackers, Jelly and Peanut Butter or an entire sleeve of graham crackers in a big wide-mouthed glass of milk
  • I keep a kitchen stocked with foods which support my efforts
  • I really don't care that you are getting an appetizer and dessert; nor do I want you looking to me for approval

Well that's not all of it, but probably most of it. But in the Season of Food Challenges, here is a challenge for you...................................

Pick 5 of the above and focus on them through the holiday season. And challenge yourself a bit. Pick the ones that might be a bit tougher.

2 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never print out blog postings, but your posting today was exceptional. It's hanging on my fridge already.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well send me a picture of you and I'll hang it on my fridge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home