Monday, September 10, 2007

I'll have The Berries and Cream

The service was horrible. Sat down for dinner at 7:30. Got salad at 8:30; dinner arrived at 9:20.

Hostess was apologetic and told us dessert was on the house. None us has had planned on dessert - BUT NOW IT WAS FREE!!!

There was peanut butter pie, mint pie, chocolate flourless cake, caramel apple pie, cheesecake and berries with cream.

I'll have................................................

nothing.

Well that's what I wanted to say. But then the inner struggle started. I didn't want anything. (Yes I did.) I don't need it. (I know but you want it.) You'll have dessert tomorrow night (But this is free.) What's wrong with me; why I am I so weak? (You're not weak; you're human.)

I can't stand this.
It is all the restaurant's fault.
Order first before the others order and change your mind.
You know what is the best option here.
C'mon, you can do it.

I'll have the berries and cream.

The cream sucked; but at least I made the better choice.

There's always another choice. Always. Don't forget it.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that one little four letter word (FREE) can so easily take away our resolve? And if you do say, "No, thank you", often the server or your table mates continue to push you, insisting that you have to order dessert because it's "FREE". I've come to despise that little four letter word!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home