Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Did you go snackless?

So did you go snackless yesterday? I hope so.

But I did receive an email from someone asking why?

Quite simply I suggested it for couple of reasons:

  1. To have you look at whether you eat because you're hungry or if it is a habit.
  2. To get you to realize that traditional snacking i.e. chips, cookies, (even when they're low fat) can be replaced with better choices such as fruits and vegetables.

For example, in my fridge was a mango about to go to mango hell. By not turning to the popcorn, I ate the mango. Yesterday afternoon I also muched on grapes and green beans. Alternatively I might have grabbed a handful of crackers left over from a cocktail party I hosted a few weeks ago.

And by some amazing act of god I made it through the evening without a Marshmallow Peep.

So if you didn't go snackless yesterday, how about giving it a shot very soon.

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't go snackless but it did make me aware of what/when/why I eat. I realized a while back I was always eating an afternoon snack just because it was mid-afternoon. Yesterday reminded me that I need to think about it more frequently. And I ate yogurt and sugar free pudding as my snacks - quite an improvement for me!

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But wait till the new SUGAR FREE Peeps come out! Then you could be in trouble...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home