Friday, August 04, 2006

Put Your Picnic on Autopilot

Friday: The weekend is upon us. I am sitting here thinking about all the people who will be at my house tomorrow for the “family picnic.” There will be lots of food. There will lots of confusion. There will be lots of food. There will be lots of noise. My quiet world will be disrupted with children and grandchildren, and drunken cousins. There will be screaming; screaming because people can’t hear and refuse to go get a hearing aid. There will be lots of food; food that I normally do not serve; food that they all bring. Broccoli will be served in this absolutely disgusting casserole with cheese spread and crackers; a casserole that most think is gross, yet no one has the balls, guts, chutzpah to say so. I have. There will be lots of food; lots of nasty food.

Wait, they’re bringing the food. They’ll clean up at the end like they always do. There will be no reason for me to feel obligated to entertain. This is family and this picnic is going on autopilot! I’m spending my day in the lake. And maybe I’ll continue working on Tip #57 in my booklet 101 Weighs to Laugh Away the Pounds (www.richdigirolamo.com/products.html) the one about making a list of all the people who comment on your weight or eating habits. I’ll be having my own fun.

But let me ask you…………………….Are there occasions where putting your entertaining obligations on autopilot would help your weight loss and/or management? I’ll bet there are. Try it. Your waistline will like it.

Enjoy the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home